This week of school has been really busy and there will be lots of tests and assignments coming up.
On Tuesday evening's lecture, we learned about conjunction, disjunction, negation and implication. As I went late for class for around 10 minutes, I did not catch professor's explanation on conjunction. At first I thought conjunction indicates at least one of the predicates is true. However, after my professor explained the example of red cars conjunct with Ferrari, I understood that junction means co-exist and in this case, it means a red Ferrari car. It can be summarised that conjunction is the intersection of two set which the result satisfies both condition in each set.
The first three examples of negation is pretty easy for me. However, later ones are somehow confusing. I don't understand the last question why we need to change all symbols in previous statement to form negation, is it okay if we remain one unchanged. However, I believe I need to ask my TA for explanation on this week's tutorial.
After this week's tutorial, I began to grow a feeling of anxiety because questions are really really hard for me to think on my own and to come up with right answer. For example, question (e) asks us to rewrite "some courses have several prerequisites" symbolically. I was really confused because I though the word "several" means infinite cases such as three, four, thirty and so on. However, this is a wrong way to understand this question, instead, what we need to write is a statement which can satisfy the minimum given condition. Therefore, we only need to indicate two prerequisites here. WOW, it was really hard and I need to get my brain work more effectively now.
There are many questions that are really hard, however, at least I can understand them after TA's explanation. But I still think I need more practise and sometimes, I am slow in following my TA's teaching speed. The quiz I did last week was not good because I did not consider the condition of empty set, this is the point that I need to improve.
Fortunately, I found a partner to work on assignment together. Actually, I can't image if I do assignment all by myself, it must be a disaster. At this point, I suddenly realise CSC165 is really a hard course and I need to put in more effort in my study.
I'm glad you found the tutorials helpful! ^.^
回复删除