2014年11月15日星期六

CSC165H1--WEEK10

  This week we got our teats back. I felt really regretted that I forgot to bring a cheat sheet during the test, so I made many foolish small mistakes. Overall, I am quite satisfied with my second term test because I did my best without the help of cheat sheet and my answers were okay. The happiest point is that I finally exceed the average mark in this course! For me, I really think it is a hard course and I absolutely no background knowledge on computer science, at least, this proves that a good result comes from hard work.
  About the course this week, quite disappointing to hear, I think I am really behind the pace of teaching! I feel quite confusing with this week's lecture and the process of proving. To be more specific, I have problem reading computer code! Concepts about "return" and "loop" totally makes no sense. I just made an appointment with my assignment working group members, I want to ask them for help and maybe I would figure out something together with them. 
  As I mentioned previously, I did not understand how to read lines of computer code and this resulted in a 0 in my last quiz! This is so tragic. i can understand the tutorial problem pretty well if the question asks us to find the total number of loops we need for different inputs. However, the quiz problem was quite different and I thought in a total wrong direction. First, I don't know how to say return, I thought if an input does not satisfies the condition then the return at this point is false, otherwise is true. However, this is not correct. If the input is a number, according to the loop, the output should also be a loop. Increasingly, the number that makes the condition unsatisfied is the number returned. I just understood that and I will remember it for sure.
  The direct proof of a polynomial grows no faster than another polynomial is not very hard. Basically, we need to change the form of each side and try various ways to make then connected. However, the backward proof such as the negation of O is really hard, because we need to include more generic numbers in our statement. However, I feel like the proofs of kind of O related are although sometimes difficult, it is still within the capability of understanding.
  Next week of school is going to be relatively relaxing in comparison with previous week. I feel like I need to make time more valuable and work more on computer science and proving problems.

没有评论:

发表评论