2014年11月29日星期六

CSC165H1--WEEK12

  Time is passing unbelievably fast, I can still remember the first day I had CSC165 class, but now it comes to the end of the term. This week, we had our last lecture. We talked about some proof on computability and learned about induction! Although I had learn induction from my math lectures, I still feel excited to hear that in computer science course. After a small lecture on new concepts, we reviewed for final exam. To be more specific, there is going to be around 9-10 questions no the exam, 5 of them is going to be proof question and the rest of them might be logic and other concepts.
  I just finished assignment #3 and I think some of the questions are really hard. For instance, before I went to Larry's lecture, I did not know how to solve question #3 because I don't know how to do with the limit of 0. In class, we only learned infinity. Therefore, what I firstly did was change the order of denominator and the numerator, so that instead of having 30/\infty=0 I will get \infty/30=\infty, and this result would be similar to what we learned in class and I disprove the statement by exchanging the direction of previous equation. Indeed, I think this method although seems not general, it still can take a fair proof. However, according to the hint of y professor, I understood that I can only change the definition of limit from >=c to <c to represent that limit of an equation is 0. This way of thinking the question is pretty inspiring to me and it is clearer and more direct than what I did before. Therefore, I learn how to proof a limit of 0 and I believe it would be greatly helpful during the test and after courses' learning.
  This week, we also had our last tutorial and we talked about proof of Big-Oh and Omega proofs. So far, I find computer science tutorial is the most helpful and effective tutorial I have ever had. My TA explained everything really well and this helps me a lot in my learning. Last quiz, I made a math error and this made my whole proof no sense. When I was thinking about inequality transitivity I always got lost in the process, and I sometimes wrote steps that are wrong. I found this king of mistakes happens a lot during quiz and when I did assignment on my own. Therefore, I think I need to review more for the proof question and try my best to avoid math mistakes again.
  My assignment working group is going to have a meeting on Monday. Hope we can do better on this assignment and we will try our best.
  CSC165 is a great and challenging course, it is full of fun. I really like this course!

3 条评论:

  1. Class is finally over, and I have felt the same way as you do for this class. :)

    回复删除
  2. I agree too! I believe CSC165 has been the bridge connecting other computer science courses and calculus together!

    回复删除